Celebrate Earth's Superhero with our Earth Day Trivia Showdown!
Welcome to our Earth Day Trivia Quiz, where we pay homage to the ultimate superhero—the planet we call home. As we commemorate Earth Day, it’s time to put your eco-knowledge to the test and discover the incredible ways we can protect and preserve our precious blue orb. This quiz is a call to action, a celebration of the remarkable planet that sustains us all. From climate change to renewable energy, endangered species to sustainable living, we’ll challenge your understanding of the environmental challenges we face and the solutions that can make a difference. So, grab your reusable water bottle, embrace your inner eco-warrior, and get ready to embark on a trivia journey that highlights the power of collective action and the importance of Earth Day. Will you emerge as an Earth Day champion or find yourself in need of some environmental fine-tuning? Let’s dive into the quiz and show our planet the love it deserves!
Earth Day Trivia Questions
Here are some sample trivia questions from this quiz. If you want to see all of our Earth Day trivia questions and answers, you’ll need to complete the quiz.
- When was the first Earth Day celebrated?
- What is the largest living structure on Earth, made up of thousands of individual organisms?
- Which of the following is a renewable source of energy?
- What is the name for the process by which plants convert sunlight into food and energy?
- Which of the following is not a greenhouse gas?
- Which of the following is not an example of a single-use plastic?
- What is the name for the process of breaking down organic waste, such as food scraps, into nutrient-rich soil?
- What is the name for the layer of the atmosphere that protects Earth from the sun’s harmful radiation?
- What is the name for the process of removing pollutants from the air or water?
- What is the name for the international treaty that aims to protect the ozone layer by phasing out the production of ozone-depleting substances?
- What is the name of the famous book written by Rachel Carson that is credited with launching the modern environmental movement?
- Which of the following is the largest contributor to greenhouse gas emissions globally?
- What is the name of the process by which excess carbon dioxide in the atmosphere is absorbed and stored by trees and other vegetation?
- What is the name of the largest annual environmental event in the world, celebrated on April 22nd?
- What is the name of the UN agency dedicated to conserving and protecting the natural and cultural heritage sites around the world?
- Which of the following is not a type of renewable energy?
- What is the name of the Paris Agreement’s long-term goal to limit global temperature rise to below 2°C above pre-industrial levels?
- Which of the following is a major cause of ocean acidification, which is threatening the health of marine ecosystems around the world?
- What is the name of the process by which waste is broken down by microorganisms in the absence of oxygen, releasing methane gas as a byproduct?
- Which of the following is a sustainable alternative to single-use plastic bags?