A Historically Good Trivia Quiz
As George Washington once said, “Knowledge will forever govern ignorance.” This is never more true than when it comes to understanding the history of our country. As we celebrate Independence Day, let’s take a moment to reflect on some trivia questions about America’s past.
To see full answers to our US history trivia questions you’ll need to first take the quiz. For sample questions, see below.
U.S. History Trivia Questions
- The United States Declaration of Independence is formally known as…
- What was the meeting that was attended by the delegates from the thirteen colonies that later united in the American Revolutionary War?
- The American revolutionary leaders that united the Thirteen Colonies were known as…
- The National Freedom Day specifically honors which past U.S. president?
- Which of the following states is not part of the original Thirteen Colonies during the American Revolution?
- Which resolution was passed that asserted that the Thirteen Colonies were free and separate from the British Empire and formed the United States of America?
- How many members of the Founding Fathers of the United States signed the United States Declaration of Independence?
- What caused the unexpected demise of President Zachary Taylor?
- What is considered the de facto national library of the United States?
- The Grievances section of the United States Declaration of Independence lists the problem of the colonists with respect to the British government. How many are there?
- Alaska was originally not part of the USA. Which country was it bought from?
- Fourscore and seven years ago our fathers brought forth, on this continent, a new nation, conceived in liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal was part of Abraham Lincoln’s famous speech. What was this speech?
- Who was the first European to have led an expedition and land in North America?
- What is Pocahontas’ real name?
- What was the first permanent English settlement in the Americas?
- In what year did the first African slaves arrive in America?
- The series of hearings and prosecutions of people accused of witchcraft in colonial Massachusetts was known as…
- The religious revival in American Christian history from the 1730s and 1740s is known as…
- What was the Proclamation Line of 1763 about?
- How many fell victim to the Boston Massacre?
- What was the Boston Tea Party about?
- The War of 1812 was a declaration of war by the U.S. against Great Britain. Who signed the declaration into law?
- The Intolerable Acts were retaliation for acts of colonial defiance. How many acts were contained within it?
- Early colonists in America used European money while under British rule. What was the first American currency?
- What caused John Quincy Adams’ teeth to erode?
- Who was the first U.S. president to be impeached by congress?
- The Liberty Bell is known for having a crack. What caused it?
- Grover Cleveland actually had a tumor during a recession. In order to avoid public panic, he had it removed secretly. Where was he located during the surgery?
- What was the first U.S. state?
- The purpose of the Indian Removal Act was to authorize the president to grant lands west of the Mississippi in exchange for Indian lands within existing state borders. Which U.S. president signed this into law?